Safety & risk awareness
From world-class attractions to thrilling activities, Grouse Mountain is your destination for summer adventure. In addition to Mountain Ropes Adventure and Mountain Ziplines, Grouse Mountain offers a full range of summer activities including hiking, sightseeing and more.
Hiking, sightseeing and other summer activities that take place in a ski area involve the risk of injury. The information contained in the Safety and Risk Awareness section of this website is intended to inform you of the risks, dangers and hazards that you may encounter in a ski area and help you to stay safe while enjoying these activities. Whether you are a participant in these activities or a parent or guardian of a minor participant, please take the time to familiarize yourself with the Safety and Risk Awareness information on this page.
FOR PATROL AND EMERGENCIES, CALL 604.998.4321
Exclusion of liability
Grouse Mountain is committed to providing a safe environment for outdoor recreation. Please take a moment to review the exclusion of liability before visiting Grouse Mountain Resort.
Summer safety reminders
• Wear appropriate clothing and footwear. It is recommended you dress in layers as mountain weather can change quickly and there is usually a difference in temperature from the base to the mountaintop.
• Use sun protection. UV levels can rise with an increase in altitude. Please wear appropriate sunglasses and sunscreen to protect yourself from these harmful UV rays.
• Always be cautious and obey posted signs and warnings. Please be aware, you may encounter maintenance vehicles or other heavy machinery at any time.
• For the well-being of the environment, other hikers and the wildlife on the trail, dogs are not permitted at the top of Grouse Mountain or on the Grouse Grind trail. There are no exceptions.
• Help keep our wildlife wild. Never feed wildlife and respect the space of wild animals.
• Grouse Mountain is a non-smoking environment and open flames are prohibited. If you witness any open flames, please call 604-998-4321. For more information on forest fires in BC, visit firesmartbc.ca.
• For the most up to date fire rating information, visit the information kiosk in the plaza or the Grouse entrance to Lynn Headwaters.
• For the safety of our guests and members of the public, as well as helicopter and paragliding operations, the use of drones is prohibited on or over Grouse Mountain Resort property. Click here for more information.
• Please respect the environment and leave no trace by packing in/packing out any trash during your visit.