clip in. suspend. discover.
Balance, jump, climb, swing and zipline your way through the trees on our Mountain Ropes Adventure - a series of aerial ropes courses with varying degrees of difficulty.
Guides will provide you with harnesses, teach you tips and tricks from the ground and ensure a safe and fun environment as you weave your way through the different elements of the courses.
Navigate plank bridges, rock climbing walls, nets and ziplines as you make your way across the series of platforms. With so many different features and difficulty levels, the Ropes Course is a great activity regardless of if you want to test your strength and agility, or simply play in the treetop canopy with your family or friends.
A Release of Liability Waiver must be completed prior to participating in this activity. For those under the age of 19, a parent or guardian must complete a waiver for the individual.
pricing and hours
Pricing: $48 in advance online, $53 at the mountain/in-person
- Booking online in advance is strongly recommended. You can also book at Guest Services at the base of the mountain, or at Alpine Guest Services located in the Peak Chalet.
- Grouse Mountain reserves the right to reschedule or postpone tour times as necessary. We do not offer refunds for late arrivals; however, we will do our best to reschedule guests. Cancellations must be at least 24 hours in advance, otherwise the full activity rate will be charged.
- We operate rain or shine, excluding inclement weather such as high winds, thunder and lighting. Refunds or rescheduling day of due to weather is not permitted.
- Our guides will provide a safety briefing and show you how to use your equipment. All participants will complete an orientation course prior to moving on to our main courses.
- Access to our courses is based on age and reach requirement of individual participants, including courses of increasing difficulty and length and games such as tubes, nets, bridges and ziplines.
Digital formats of individual photos are taken during the tour and are available to purchase on-site after your tour!
|Minimum Age||Minimum Reach (cm)||Minimum Reach (ft)|
|Intro Course (Yellow)||8||120 cm||3'9"|
|Beginner (Green)||8||145 cm||4'7"|
|Intermediate (Blue)||8||145 cm||4'7"|
|Expert (Black)||12||165 cm||5'4"|
- Participants must be able to grip an element at the minimum reach requirement above in shoes with their heels flat on the ground. An element will be provided at check-in for guests to confirm eligibility.
- For safety, the maximum weight permitted for individual participants is 125kg (275lbs).
- Participants must be able to properly fit into our harnesses – waist: 140cm, thighs: 70cm. Harnesses must be tightened by at least 2.5cm
- Guests will be required to demonstrate the proper use of course equipment on an orientation course prior to accessing the main courses.
- Grouse Mountain staff reserve the right to deny access to the course at their professional discretion.
- All guests are required to wear the helmet provided by Grouse Mountain in order to participate in the activity. Please note that this requirement cannot be waived and that not all forms of religious headwear may be compatible with our helmets. We welcome you to visit and try a helmet on site to determine suitable fit prior to activity purchase if you are unsure.
- This activity is not recommended for anyone with spinal injuries. Expectant mothers will not be permitted to participate for safety reasons.
- Appropriate footwear is required - open-toed shoes or sandals are not permitted.
- Guests may wish to wear comfortable, athletic clothing and bring items such as hair ties, insect repellent, sunscreen, water bottles or fingerless athletic gloves.
- Masks are optional on the mountaintop and during the tour.
- At check-in, guests should be prepared to have Grouse Mountain staff confirm participant height and weight measurements meet our guidelines prior to the start of the tour. If there is a discrepancy, the measurements taken at tour check-in by Grouse Mountain staff will be used.
- Please arrive at the base of the mountain at least 60 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time to ensure you have enough time to board the Skyride and travel to the top for your tour.
- Tour check-in is located in the Mountaintop Plaza, across from the Peak Chalet. You must check-in at the Mountaintop Plaza 20 minutes prior to your tour time.
- Lockers are available to rent for $2 to store your belongings while on tour. They are one-time use, and operate on a token system. Guests are required to see a cashier to purchase a token and can pay by card or cash.
- The nearest washrooms are located on the main floor of the Peak Chalet.
- If you have not yet completed an exclusion of liability waiver, you will complete it at the time of check-in. A Release of Liability Waiver must be completed prior to each person participating. For those under the age of 19, a parent or guardian must complete a waiver for the individual.