discovery Snowboard Day group Lessons
GREAT ON-SNOW LEARNING AND ADVENTURES ARE AVAILABLE!
Quickly develop your skills under the expert care of our professional snowboard instructors with day group lessons. Whether learning for the first time or refining your technique, you will be on your way to a whole new level.
dISCOVERY DAY group LESSON INFO
Lesson Dates and Times:
Day lessons are all 2 hours in length.
|Lesson + Lift
|Lesson + Rental
|Lesson + Rental + Lift
We strongly recommend that all students wear helmets while skiing or snowboarding. All students under the age of 19 are required to wear a helmet. If your child does not have their own helmet, one may be rented for $5 per day. Helmets are also available for purchase from Outfitters Store.
Advanced registration is available online. Day of registration is available by phone at 604.980.9311 or at Guest Services at the base of the mountain at least 2 hours prior to the session start time. If you are already on the Mountain, please drop in to Alpine Guest Services on the main floor of the chalet 30 minutes prior to the lesson. Please have all required information ready prior to registration. This includes the student's ability level and measurements of the student's height, weight and shoe size if rental equipment is required. Day Lessons meet at the Snow School Meeting Area ten minutes before the lesson start time.
Left your gear at home? Want to try out premium skis or snowboards or snowshoes? The Outpost Rental Shop has you covered from helmets and clothing to the latest gear. You can save time and book your rental online.
Snowboard Ability Levels
Discovery Day Group Lessons are available for Levels 1 - 3 only
- +Level 1: First Time Rider
- Put on and take off snowboard, safety strap
- Able to sidestep up and down slight inclines
- Able to straight run on gentle slope
- Introduced to and understands the Alpine Responsibility Code
- + Level 2: Beginner Rider
- Begin to develop a balanced body position
- Able to link turns on Paradise
- Able to ride the Greenway Chair and offload under control
- Able to stop easily on green runs
- Able to get up
- + Level 3: Novice Rider
- Links Novice turns with some vertical movements
- Increased use of edges for changes of direction
- Able to ride the Cut confidently
To book a 2 hour private lesson or for more info, please call 604.980.9311.